I'm a wedding and portrait photographer living in Vancouver, BC with my husband Randy. I photographed my first wedding when I was only 17 years old - and I've photographed over 200 weddings since! I am an avid bookworm, lover of green tea, pretty nail polish & my Labradoodle Harley. Thanks for visiting!
learn more about jamie
Our Love Story
i am sitting down to write this post on the afternoon of new year’s eve. i have a feeling i will come home around two in the morning tonight [or tomorrow. i never know how to phrase that properly] + add to this post before i publish it tomorrow, january 1, 2011. but maybe not. we’ll see what i’m in the mood for in the first few hours of 2011.
i have had a blessed year. i’m very much feelin’ the point-form writing lately, hope you don’t mind.
in the lovely year of two-thousand-and-ten... [in the order of which they floated into my brain]
* i ran the longest distance i have ever ran [sixteen kilometres.]
* i listened to a lot of live music: tegan & sara, said the whale, mother mother, hey ocean!, john mayer, jonsi, matt costa, sufjan stevens, brooke fraser.
* i lost eleven pounds, that i never want back on again. took discipline, calories logged on myfitnesspal + hours at the gym. WORTH IT.
* i turned twenty, said goodbye to my teen years.
* became more independent than ever: laundry, cooking, cleaning. i feel i could live alone if i needed to.
* i photographed twenty-eight weddings.
in the upcoming year of two-thousand-and-eleven…
* i hope to run a half-marathon on february 20.
* i turn twenty-one & will be legal all over the world [not that i drink… or that that “legal” means anything to me. but, fun fact nonetheless.]
* i will travel to las vegas, phoenix, england/ireland/scotland, toronto –based on current plans.
* i will photograph twenty weddings [perhaps even a few more? my last booked for the year is september 10th right now.]
* i will learn how to stop eating when i’m full + consequently, lose another five pounds.
* i will believe for complete healing in my body, food intolerances gone.
* i ask that God would use my life, my time & my finances in ways that challenge me.
* i will continue to pray that john mayer comes to vancouver so i can see him live for the fifth time. yes please.
p.s. because this is fun, here’s a blog post i wrote in the first hours of 2010.
p.p.s. oh hello, it’s 2:46AM on january 1st + i did decide to open up my laptop and add a few words before hitting publish. man. i don’t get it, but there is something about NEW YEAR’s EVE that i adore. i don’t party [read: don’t drink], i don’t club, i HATE staying up late… but come new year’s eve? it could be 5AM + i don’t e’errr wanna go to bed. ;) something about new year’s eve is so magical to me. i’ve seen a lot of tweets about it being an “overrated” holiday and i disagree. it’s underrated. another thing that’s underrated? being at church on new year’s eve. i was there from 10PM – midnight before going to a party + it’s always such a fun time. those are my thoughts. NIGHT!