Last night I was out late at a show downtown, home around midnight and definitely stayed up until 1:30 in the morning. As I was going to bed, I set my alarm for 6:55AM. I didn’t care how little sleep I was about to get. I have been craving structure, routine and discipline in my life. Most people would laugh at the idea of me being undisciplined… because that’s not my reputation. Because I’ve yet to miss a training run. Because my room is usually tidy. Because seeing clutter sends me into convulsions.
That being said, with being away in Seattle this past weekend and having Kristen Leigh share my room for the past few days–my life feels a little out of sorts. Clothes everywhere. Its sending me into a “nothing in my life is orderly or HOW IT SHOULD BE right now!!” spiral. I guess I’ve been too busy sorting through my OCD tendancies to find time to blog. So hello. Sorry I’ve been gone! (Oh and by the way, I lay in bed for an HOUR and listened to my alarm. It took me an HOUR to realize that it was teling me to get up, not just playing music for the fun of it. I’m so hopeless lately.)
I’m still sticking to my “I’m not going to write a big recap blog post of 2009” statement, but I DID want to post a little somethin’ somethin’ about the 10 most popular blog posts of the past year. I think it’s so neat to see which posts you readers loved the most! So many fond memories and feelings were brought back to mind as I searched through my blog archives. The seasons in my job kind of play with my head. I go-go-go all summer and the winter is very different. I always feel a little timid at the beginning of a wedding season. K… not timid. Freaked right out of my mind. It’s like the first mile while I’m running. But once I hit the third, I’m lovin’ it. Eee! I’m excited. I’m excited to be challenged in my art this year. Let’s take a little took back on two-thousand-and-nine:
10. The tenth most popular blog post was about a exciting litle announcement when I won Showit Site of the year!
9. Shawn & Kim’s Cecil Green Park House wedding was an absolute favourite–they are absolutely adorable together. Their August wedding was full of wonderful sunshine and some pretty impressive dancing at the end of the night. Hah! I can’t say enough wonderful things about them.
ï»¿8. I was overwhelmed with the support I received when I decided to offer One-on-One Learning Sessions for a short time. Although I am taking a break from them, here’s the blog post where I introduced them!
7. Oh Laurell. She’s so fun to photograph. I can’t even get over it. The clothes, the styling, the fun–this shoot was an awesome way to end the summer. Part I of the shoot was the 7th most popular blog post of the year.
6. Laura & Darren’s Performance Works Wedding. OH, let me count the ways I loved it. I can’t count. Too many. I tried already. I love Laura & Darren. They are featured in my promo video, their engagement shoot was one of my favourites, and their wedding post was the sixth most popular of the year.
5. Lesley & Adam’s Vancouver Club wedding was STUNNING. Lesley executed every detail of her Marie-Antoinette inspired wedding flawlessly with the help of Jeanette from Delovely Creative. The details were incredible. This couple is dear to my heart! Glad you all loved the post.
4. Another fun thing I did this summer (wow, this is making me tired) was host a summer internship for three great women. They stayed with me for a week and we did some learning, some shooting, some talking and had a lot of fun. This post is HUGE but you can read it HERE.
3. Laurell, Part Two. This girl’s a popular one on the blog! :)
2. We’re almost there! The second most popular blog post of 2009 was the post where I launched my new branding, promo video, blog, and website. Yay! I loved reading through all your lovely comments. Loved, loved, loved. If you want to check out the original post, do so HERE!
1. AND the most popular post of 2009. Wow, just blown away by these comments and the love sent my way. With 59 comments, Rebecca & Adam’s Engagement Session was a popular one. Here are my favourite shots below.
Thanks for the GREAT year, blog readers!